Comedy Lounge Fringe News

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Bad Reviews

Michelle from Its Alright For Some (who produce some of the best shows in Edinburgh this year) has issued the following plea.

Hello
I am very keen on the idea of putting together a collection of badly written
reviews from this year Fringe, because I am petty and it would amuse me.
If you have found any sloppily written, hypocritical or just badly written
reviews then please let me know and I may end up doing something with them.
All submissions gratefully received.
Stuck for ideas? Have a look at these sites:
http://www.emporiumofmirth.co.uk/index.php?s=news&pg=Shows%2005
http://www.one4review.com/all_index_pages/comedy_2005_.htm
http://www.threeweeks.co.uk/browse.asp?ord=genre&gid=609236185
My favourite remains this beauty from Three Weeks:

Ben Willbond
I was blown away! Not your regular stand-up, this show adds character comedy
and a love story into the mix - and it really works. Join Dermot the estate
agent "with a heart" (at least that's what he'll tell you before you sign),
and Colin Jackson "no relation" with his stories of astro-physical failure
and secret longing. I'm sure I've met all the characters before - and one of
them is my mum! It started good, got better and I laughed so hard a little
bit of wee came out! My only complaint is that the two co-actors don't get a
mention in the title.5/5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home